Growing Successful Agribusinesses
Whether it’s dairy production, food packaging, or food processing, Buffalo Niagara is a major part of New York’s agriculture industry. In fact, we’re the leading producer of dairy products in the state, which says a lot considering New York is America’s 3rd largest dairy producing state.
Not only are we conveniently located for access to the entire east coast, our proximity to Canada helps food and dairy processors get their products to their customers. Plus, employers note their proximity to a high concentration of food businesses and farms as a major advantage.
- Access to abundant clean, fresh water
- Home to the largest dairy producing county in New York State and 3rd largest dairy producing state in the U.S.
- State legislation making it easier for craft breweries and distilleries to conduct business
- 0% state corporate income tax for food processors
- Access to large water aquifers, municipal sewers and waste water treatment facilities
- University support and food processing programs
- New York ranks #1 in the U.S. for production of yogurt, sour cream, and cottage cheese
- New York ranks #4 in the U.S. in total cheese production