Buffalo Niagara is investing in Life Sciences, supporting collaborations between clinical care, education and research.
- $250M public/private investment to create the Buffalo Medical Innovation & Commercialization Hub, a state-of-the-industry shared pharmaceutical research and development center on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus (BNMC), led by AMRI and Athenex
- Critical knowledge exchange and collaboration though efforts such as the co-location of clinical and R&D functions at the BNMC. On the BNMC alone there has been investment of nearly $1B in infrastructure over the past ten years, including four significant development projects currently under construction
- StartUp-NY offering businesses to operate 100% tax-free for up to 10 years
- $100M investment to create the Buffalo Institute for Genomics and the NY Genomic Medicine Network
- Buffalo Information Technologies Innovation & Commercialization Hub, a $55 million public/private investment led by IBM; designed to develop next generation IT software needed to drive state-of-the-art discoveries in the areas of molecular research and genomics