BUFFALO, NY – Today Be in Buffalo—the regional talent attraction initiative of Invest Buffalo Niagara (InBN)—launched updates to its website, including a Cost of Living Calculator, Jobs Board, and Applicant Tracking System integration for local employers. Be in Buffalo, which formally launched in September 2019, has already engaged thousands of ex-pat Buffalonians from around the country, along with many existing regional employers.
“We are excited to launch these new digital assets and even better equip our region to tell its story of affordability, accessibility, and comfortability,” said Jenna Kavanaugh, chief operating officer, Invest Buffalo Niagara.
- The new web app allows users to compare the Buffalo Niagara region’s costs against any other across the country for groceries, housing, utilities, transportation, health care, and other miscellaneous expenses
- For example, your salary will go 60% further in Buffalo than in Manhattan. Your housing would cost 64% less in Buffalo than in Boston, MA.
- The new web app scrapes Indeed job postings throughout the eight counties of Western New York in specified industries every 24-hours for a constantly updated snapshot of available opportunities
- The current industries include: Engineering, Finance, Health Care, Health Sciences, Information Technology, Manufacturing and Production, Marketing and Communications, Nonprofits, and Professional Services
- To better assist local employers while recruiting talent from outside the region, companies can integrate their Applicant Tracking System (ATS), hiring page, candidate information kit, email signature, social media, and so much more with a Be in Buffalo
- Be in Buffalo is providing visual assets for employers to hyperlink to the main webpage, the Cost of Living Calculator, or the Buffalo Niagara Relocation Guide. The collaboration will better assist companies in selling Buffalo as a place to live comfortably, work productively, and play constantly.
“For over 20 years our organization has looked to improve the economic standing of Western New York through business attraction, retention, and regional marketing activity,” said Tom Kucharski, President & CEO, Invest Buffalo Niagara. “If our organization’s work and our region’s progress over that time proves anything, it’s that it can be done, even in the face of this current crisis.”
“We encourage any local company, human resources representative, recruiter, or individual who is promoting the Buffalo Niagara region to utilize the Be in Buffalo campaign,” concluded Kavanaugh. “Recruiting and retaining the talent of tomorrow is a critical component in securing a sustainable future for our region.”
To stay up to date on Be in Buffalo activity, visit the campaign website here.
ABOUT BE IN BUFFALO
Be in Buffalo, a program of Invest Buffalo Niagara, is the region’s talent attraction initiative focused on recruiting and retaining the workforce needed to build an economy of the future. Buffalo has a story to tell and Be in Buffalo is working to tell that story across the country and globe. Learn more: beinbuffalo.com
ABOUT INVEST BUFFALO NIAGARA
Invest Buffalo Niagara is the area’s leading private sector economic development and business attraction organization, focused on research, marketing, and business development outreach. With exceptional community connectivity, Invest Buffalo Niagara’s staff provides comprehensive services and project management for companies looking to expand or relocate. From research all the way through ribbon-cutting, Invest Buffalo Niagara is the primary point of contact for economic development in the eight-county Buffalo Niagara region. Learn more: buffaloniagara.org.