While a lot of design time is spent on housing and securing servers, environmental factors are just as critical for optimized data center designs. Fortunately for companies running their data operation in Buffalo Niagara can mitigate some of those design costs thanks to our mild climate. We average 48 degrees (Fahrenheit), with only a few days per year that exceeds 90 degrees. This is just one of the many reasons Yahoo! opened a data center here.
Reasons why Buffalo Niagara is ideal for your Data Center:
- Access to sophisticated telecommunications networks
- Readily available information technology workers
- Low-cost, reliable power with state-allocated hydropower
- Mild climate, helped by winds off of the Great lakes and low humidity
- Access to freshwater via the Great Lakes (the world’s largest group of freshwater lakes)
- Lack of natural disasters