Well-Equipped for Advanced Manufacturing
Manufacturing makes up $9.6 billion in gross regional product (14% of the total) with the two largest export industries in our region (basic chemical manufacturing and machinery manufacturing).
Not only has this industry been a mainstay of Buffalo Niagara since the 1800s, we remain ideally suited for the industry with both the workforce (66,000 skilled workers) and physical infrastructure advanced manufacturers need.
New York State and the Buffalo Niagara region offer a variety of valuable incentives to companies expanding or relocaitng in the region. Whether a 0% state corporate tax rate for manufacturers or Excelsior Tax Credit Program rewarding job creation, Buffalo Niagara has the resources to incentivize your expansion or relocation.
1,600 facilities | 66,000 jobs
43 majors | 7.8% of total employment in Buffalo Niagara (5.8% national average)
- 0% State Corporate Income Tax for Manufacturing Companies
- 3rd largest employment sector in the Buffalo Niagara economy, representing more than 66,000 employees
- New state-of-the-art facility, Buffalo Manufacturing Works, providing applied R&D services in the areas of flexible automation controls, advanced materials and testing, additive manufacturing and machining & finishing
- Extensive highway and rail network reaching 40% of the bi-national population
in a 10-hour drive
- Low-cost, reliable electric infrastructure
- Other incentive programs for job creation, hydropower, and more.
Take a closer look at our Buffalo Niagara advantages with this Manufacturing Industry guide. View a workforce overview, educational training, incentive highlights, a strong ecosystem, real estate options, and a business expansion checklist.