Well-Equipped for Advanced Manufacturing
With a rich history of success and a future full of innovation, Buffalo Niagara is the perfect region for advanced manufacturing. A skilled and robust workforce, strong ecosystem of colleges and universities, competitive incentives, and affordable industrial real estate help build the business case for Western New York.
1,600 facilities | 66,000 jobs
43 majors | 7.8% of total employment in Buffalo Niagara (5.8% national average)
- 0% State corporate income tax for manufacturers
- 3rd largest employment sector in the Buffalo Niagara economy, representing more than 66,000 employees
- Buffalo Manufacturing Works, providing applied R&D services in the areas of flexible automation controls, advanced materials and testing, additive manufacturing and machining & finishing
- Extensive highway and rail network reaching 40% of the bi-national population
in a 10-hour drive
- Low-cost, reliable electric infrastructure
- Other incentive programs for job creation, hydropower, and more.
For more information, download our free Advanced Manufacturing Guide, with workforce data, training programs, incentive highlights, support resources, incentive highlights, real estate options, and a business expansion checklist.